This page aims to help you understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
LocateSmart is part of ITBC Consulting Ltd; we have developed an address validation tool which has revolutionised how Africans search and share their home addresses. Our API is designed with the complexity of address Nigeria and African in mind.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will comply with the applicable data protection laws whenever we process your personal data.
You must be age 13 or above to use our location services (app and website). All minors (applicable age in your country) that wish to register must have permission of their parents before they can register to use our apps, website or services
3. What personal information we may collect about you
We do not always collect personal data. Where we collect personal data, such data may include but not limited to:
- Your name;
- Job title;
- Telephone contact details including company switchboard, direct dial and mobile;
- Email, personal or business email address;
- Business name;
- Business address and your role in the business;
- Size and nature of your business;
- Website details relating to your business.
We do not collect sensitive personal data about you or your company.
Note that we may keep a record of that correspondence between you and us. This may include call recordings, details of your visits to our site and emails exchanged.
4. How we collect your personal information
This information may be provided to us in various ways such as:
- Personal information supplied by you in business communication through phone calls, emails or meetings;
- Provided through information found on publically accessible websites, including your company websites, online directories, social media and other websites;
- Sourced from lists that we purchase of potential customers that we feel may be interested in our products and services;
- Provided by government agencies where applicable;
- Provided to us through trade show or other similar events.
5. Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- For the purpose of marketing our products and services to you via direct marketing methods including email, telephone or direct mail;
- Fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, us or 3rd parties;
- Answers queries regarding orders that have been placed in the past;
- Manage credit control and invoicing tasks relating to your account;
- Cleanse or enhance the data to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date;
LocateSmart (its parent company ITBC Consulting Ltd and other sister companies) collects and store personal data for the purpose of business operations. As such, we will only retain your personal data for as long as we believe it is accurate and up-to-date and required for business purpose. We verify and cleanse our data periodically and will remove your data from our records if we think that it is no longer required for business.
6. Where we store your personal data
We will store your data in central database, and other standard business tools such as email clients, spread-sheets, mobile phones and phone systems.
7. Legal basis to process your personal data
The law allows for personal data to be legally collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest of the organisation – as long as it is fair and balanced and does not unduly impact the rights of individuals. We are more likely to collect your business data but personal data may also be collected to support business processes. It is therefore our view that on that bases we can lawfully collect and process your personal data for legitimate business purpose.
In the event you request any goods and/or services from us, we will rely on our contractual relationship to process your personal data to provide such goods and/or services to you.
8. Your rights including opting out
You have various rights under data protection law, including the rights to:
- Request to see the personal data we hold about you;
- Request that we correct or delete any inaccuracies in the personal data that we hold on you;
- Prevent processing for direct marketing
9. Data Processing Activities
Any personal data we collect will be used for legitimate business purposes relating to address validation offered by LocateSmart or any services offered by LocateSmart parent and sister companies. If you wish to opt out of email communication please get in touch with us